As temperatures drop, so has our desire to stay out all night. It’s all well and good wandering the streets, frolicking on the beach and hopping from bar to bar when we aren’t literally shakin’ in our boots. But it’s just not natural to be away from your pyjamas, socks, hot water bottles and blankets when winter hits. Boring? No way! It’s not like we go into hibernation during the winter months, we simply bring the party back home where it’s nice and warm and bed is never far away.
Want to make the most of a night at home? Lucky for you, we’ve pulled together a list of the top 20 things you can do to ensure a good night in!
1. Pop a bottle of bubbly. Drink it with a fancy twisty straw.
2. Build an epic blanket fort. If you haven’t done this since you were a kid, prepare to unleash your inner child.
3. Subscribe to Netflix and settle in for a movie marathon, or binge watch Game of Thrones or that reality TV show you’re too ashamed to watch when anyone else is around.
4. Go to the grocery store ten minutes before they close (in your PJs of course – go on, we dare you) and buy up big on discounted donuts.
5. Two words: Online. Shopping.
6. Move your bedroom into the living room (put a mattress in front of the TV). To really ramp this one up a notch, see number 2.
7. Have a pillow fight. If you’re home alone, do some pillow fight training for #pillowfightclub.
8. Go WILD and mix a bag of maltesers with a bag of popcorn. Join the Facebook page community for people who eat maltesers mixed with popcorn.
9. Stay up late watching infomercials and actually buy something just for fun. Preferably exercise equipment if you’ve already done numbers 4 and 8.
10. Eat Brinner. Brinner is our all-time favourite meal: breakfast for dinner. Now that is what we call all day breakfast!
11. Perfect the bend and snap. Take a video and upload it to Youtube.
12. Get your textas out and complete the #goodnightxdaylight colouring in competition! #shamelessplug
13. Run yourself a bath, pour in some Soak Society bath soak, slap on a face mask and light an Alma Luz Candle. To really ramp up the romance for one, refer to number 1. Then call Ryan Gosling and ask him to come over and give you a foot rub.
14. Pump your favourite 80s and 90s jams. DO go chasing waterfalls.
15. Channel your inner Beyonce and choreograph a dance routine. Preferably to Barry White.
16. Ride a sleeping bag down the staircase. If you don’t have a staircase, do the worm. Join the Facebook community ‘Pretending to be worms in sleeping bags‘.
17. Zumba at home by yourself with a wine in hand. Try not to spill any.
18. Make homemade pizza with ALL of the toppings. We like to call this a pizza mountain. Definitely not suitable for eating on first dates.
19. If you love Iced Vovos as much as we do, try your hand at making an Iced Vovo Slice. Or some of these awesome caramel slices from The Merrymaker Sisters that are basically like eating lettuce they’re so healthy!
20. After 20 awesome nights in, it’s definitely time to wash your PJs… or splash out on some new ones! We might even know someone that can help you out with that….. #shamelessplugnumbertwo
What other ideas do you have for a good night in?